Skydive Snohomish currently operates one Enhanced Cessna 182 and a Grand Caravan with an 850hp Blackhawk engine conversion. At least 6-8 slots are set aside exclusively for licensed skydivers on each caravan load, year round. We occasionally have a second Grand Caravan onsite for special events.
Wingsuiting is not compatible with our DZ operations, airspace, and available landing areas, and cannot be performed at Skydive Snohomish at this time.
Canopy Size and Wingloading Policy
At SkySno, we’re committed to the very highest safety standards and best practices in aviation and skydiving.
After considering data gathered from many sources – including the USPA Fatality Reports, existing canopy size and wing loading limits observed domestically and internationally, canopy manufacturer and designer recommendations, consultation with skydivers and S&TAs in our local community and elsewhere – we’ve instituted a strict Canopy Policy.
We appreciate you taking the time to read it and adhering to our policy relating to our rules of the sky, as well as canopy size and wing loading specifications for jumpers with less than and in excess of 1,000 jumps:
Rules of the Sky
All jumpers regardless of wing loading or minimum canopy size will be expected to perform the following on every jump or jump privileges may be revoked:
- Promote a smooth flow of traffic
- Establish and maintain vertical canopy separation
- Establish and maintain horizontal separation
- Fly a predictable pattern
- Follow the landing direction set by the first person down
- Perform turns at a safe altitude
- Land safely within the designated landing area
- Perform consistent stand up landings